Because each ski resort has a unique layout and its own operating challenges, Infoneige was developed and has evolved in order to best meet the needs of its clients. It is for this reason that it is the most advanced solution in the industry and used by over 150 ski resorts worldwide.
In addition to being the system where one-time entry yields fast broadcasting across multiple media, the following strengths are what make Infoneige a must-have for any ski resort.
Centralized Information System
- Centralized Database: The Infoneige server compiles and manages input related to mountain operations, snow and weather conditions, and resort happenings in the same database.
- Single Entry for Multiple Broadcasts: Enter the content once and it can be disseminated to multiple outlets simultaneously.
- Quick and Efficient: In a fraction of a second, urgent messages can be broadcasted all over the resort, on the ski area, or on selected lifts or runs.
Content Creation and Broadcasting
- Intuitive Graphic Editor: The graphic editor feature is easy to use. With a few clicks, this tool creates rich, dynamic and customized content.
- Content Playlists: Messages are compiled in a library and can be added, removed, organized, and personalized to various playlists. They can then be broadcasted in continuous loops on one or more screens.
- Widget: Infoneige has a library of predesigned widgets and animations to facilitate creation of unique and attractive content.
- Smart Status: In a few clicks, create and broadcast a personalized trail and lift status list with associated messages.
Automation and Scheduling
- Next Day Anticipation: Infoneige allows the user to schedule trail and lift openings for the next day with the “expected for tomorrow” status.
- Automatic Opening and Closing: Lift and trail opening and closing can be automated depending on the hours of operation schedule programmed by period (early season, holidays, weekends, etc.).
- Delayed Opening: In case of a lift delayed opening due to high wind, avalanche control work or any other extenuating circumstance, Infoneige can be programmed to defer a lift open time temporarily.
- Pre-Set Messages: Messages can be programmed and automatically broadcasted depending scenarios and conditions, such as in the event of a lift closure, high wind, freezing temperature, or road conditions.
- Sign Content Scheduler: Sign content can be prepared in advance and scheduled for one-time or regular broadcasting to specific sign locations or all of the resort’s digital signage.
- Grooming Status Sync: Grooming status can be synced with the GPS system used by the grooming machines to update automatically the grooming status in Infoneige.
- Weather Conditions Sync: Weather conditions and forecast data from NOAA or the on-mountain weather stations owned by the resort can be automatically synced in Infoneige.
User Management and History
- Multiple Users: Each user has dedicated login credentials with defined access rights as their role necessitates, such as ski patrol, lift dispatch, or marketing. These multiple users can work in Infoneige at the same time.
- Activity Log: Any change that is made in Infoneige is tracked and logged in the database in order to identify who made a modification and when.
- Statistics Tool: Infoneige offers a statistic tool which pulls from the entire database over several seasons. This tool allows operations and management teams to easily obtain many stats from the past about data related to grooming, lift opening, snow and weather, etc. and even to compare it between seasons.
- XML Feeds: All current mountain conditions data are sent to the Cloud each time a change is entered in Infoneige. The XML feeds are accessible for external usage, such as for the resort website, the mobile app, or any third party integrations. Infoneige also generates a formatted MTN.XML feed.
- Daily Database Backup: A daily backup of the entire Infoneige database is scheduled and sent to the Lumiplan server if ever the need to restore the database should arise.
- Hosting: The Infoneige server is located in the resort IT infrastructure (physical server or virtual machine). The Infoneige interface is accessible from any workstation at the resort.
- Reliability and Redundancy: Lumiplan has made every effort to ensure that Infoneige is both reliable and secure and continues to pursue excellence to maintain our impeccable performance and safety record thus far.
- Language: In addition to English, Infoneige is available in several languages including French for ski resorts in Québec (Canada).
- Units: Units of measurement are adapted to each country (Metric and Imperial systems, Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature).
Full Service Included
- Support and Training: The Infoneige annual license includes support and training for all resort users. During the season, our support team is here to respond quickly to any questions and can assist remotely.
- Annual Update: Each year, we update our software with improvements and new features based on resort and user feedback. Annual configuration changes are also included.